Trading Dashboard in Tableau Case Study Overview
In this case study, you’ll take on the role of a Business Intelligence Analyst in an investment bank. The Sales and Trading team at CFI Capital Partners need you to develop customized dashboards to help their team with bespoke market analysis.
You will be creating candlestick charts, Bollinger bands, market cap tree maps, growth plots, and much more in this exciting real-world scenario.
With plenty of extended student challenges and interactive exercises, this course is the perfect scenario-based case study to reinforce your fundamental knowledge of Tableau.
Trading Dashboard in Tableau Learning Objectives
This case study is the perfect way to practice your Tableau and BI skills, and will help reinforce five key areas of Tableau:
- Creating Advanced Visuals - Candlesticks, Bollinger Bands and more
- Parameters - for filtering and highlighting
- Order of Operations - The key unlocking your Tableau superpowers
- Table Calculations - for moving averages and rolling maximums
Parameter Actions - for next-level dashboard interactivity
Who Should Take This Trading Dashboard in Tableau Case Study?
This Case Study is perfect for anyone who would like to practice their Tableau and SQL skills in a real-world scenario. There is no better way to kick-start a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with applied, practical knowledge of Tableau and related BI tools.
Trading Dashboard in Tableau is a Required Case Study of CFI’s BIDA™ Program
CFI’s upcoming Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ program will cover all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about business intelligence, and data analysis. This program will teach you quantitative methods used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to analyze complex data. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the BIDA™ program are Business Intelligence, Asset Management, Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, and other finance careers.
- 16 BIDA Courses + all future courses in the program
- Skills Learned Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Transformation, Data Modeling and Analysis
- Career Prep Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Visualization Specialist