Securitized Products (Part 1) Overview
In Securitized Products (Part 1), we will cover the basics of the securitization process, including its role in the world of finance, the structure of securitized products, and the risks associated with it. We will learn mortgage basics: borrower and loan classifications, features of mortgage products, and the way loans are being pooled into Mortgage-Backed Securities (MBSs).
Securitized Products (Part 1) Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will:
- Acquire theoretical knowledge about securitization process and products
- Get practical experience calculating prepayment speeds and valuing MBS
- Comprehend the role of the US GSEs in the mortgage market
- Be well-versed about the basics of individual mortgage loans and its classification
- Learn how market participants get relative value, how they trade, and how they hedge MBS securities
Securitized Products (Part 1) Is an Elective Course of CFI’s CMSA® Program
CFI’s Capital Markets & Securities Analyst (CMSA)® program covers all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about sales and trading, investment banking, and asset management. This program teaches you trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to trade different asset classes. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the CMSA® are Sales & Trading, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Treasury, Risk Management, and other capital markets careers.
Who Should Take This CMSA® Course?
This course is perfect for somebody interested in learning about one of the most critical financial practices that allow achieving liquidity in the market and for somebody who considers securitization finance or any capital markets-related position as the desired career path. As this course covers topics from beginner to the advanced level, current students and anyone in the early stage of their career and industry professionals who are seeking to transition to a new industry will gain valuable knowledge from this course.
- All 28 CMSA® courses
- Skills Learned Trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets
- Career Prep Work in capital markets, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side
5 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
16 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Required
Submit your CMSA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional