Retail, Restaurant, & Franchise Lending Course Overview
This Retail, Restaurant, & Franchise Lending course examines the details necessary for assessing a loan for retail companies, restaurants, and franchise businesses. These businesses differ from traditional commercial borrowers and other supply chain companies.
Unlike wholesalers or manufacturers, retailers and restaurants generally require high rent and occupancy costs to succeed, among other factors. This course will show you how to identify these factors and adjust for them to enable you to assess a loan for these prospective borrowers. At the end of this course, we will examine a case study using a real-world scenario.
Retail, Restaurant, & Franchise Lending Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Compare retail trade and food-service businesses to more traditional commercial banking clients across other parts of the supply chain
- Identify important characteristics that inform the level of credit risk associated with any given operator
- Explain what makes food-service businesses unique as well as how franchise brands can help mitigate some industry risk
- Calculate adjusted lending ratios and interpret the differences between these and more traditional credit metrics
Retail, Restaurant, & Franchise Lending is an Elective Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ Program offers skills including credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. From beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class commercial banker or credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This Retail, Restaurants, & Franchise Lending course is designed for current and aspiring commercial banking professionals and credit analysts. Retail, restaurant, and franchise clients are just one category among many borrowers that a commercial banker or credit analyst will encounter. This course will prepare you with the knowledge you need to properly assess a loan for these types of businesses.
- All 35 CBCA™ courses
- Skills Learned Credit Analysis and Documentation, Risk Mitigation, Writing
- Career Prep Rating Agencies, Insurance, Commercial Lending
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
16 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
10 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA™ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
The course content was explicitly delivered and the practical examples amplified the theory.