Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Real Estate Financial Modeling (REFM) Course Overview
Build a dynamic Real Estate Financial Model to evaluate the investment return profile of a development project in Excel. This Excel-based real estate financial modeling course is designed for development professionals, lending/banking analysts, surveyors, and anyone interested in mastering the art of building a real estate development models from scratch.
In this real estate modeling course, you will learn step-by-step how to build a dynamic a financial model that incorporates sensitivity analysis of development costs, sales prices, and other aspects of development.
Who should take this REFM course:
This real estate development financial modeling in Excel course is designed for anyone who is seeking to develop intermediate to advanced financial modeling skills and become an expert financial modeling for real estate development.
Cap Rate and NOI
Real Estate Financial Modeling Content and Learning Objectives:
- Real estate industry Overview
- Calculate Cap Rate and Net Operating Income (NOI)
- Build an interactive financial model to assess a project’s financial viability
- Understand how to project real estate financing (both debt and equity) flow in and out depending on stage of development
- Design and structure of an Excel-based project finance model
- Modeling cash flows for a real estate development project
- Build in “triggers” and sensitivities to understand a project’s exposure to key drivers
- Develop ownership and financial structures (debt & equity)
- Calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Return on Sales, Return on Cost
- Joint Venture (JV structures)
- Cash flow waterfalls (3 tier cash flow waterfall)
- Promotes and disproportionate returns
- Produce a one-page investment summary memo
- Includes blank and completed financial models to download
- Certificate of completion
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
Real Estate Financial Model
JV and Cash Flow Waterfall
Register now for CFI's Real Estate Financial Modeling Course!
- Skills Learned Financial Modeling and Valuation, Sensitivity Analysis, Strategy
- Career Prep Investment Banking and Equity Research, FP&A, Corporate Development
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 11 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification courses are offered 100% online, allowing you the flexibility to start the financial analyst program anytime and learn when it’s most convenient for you.
The program is a part of the All Access Subscription, which includes all programs and courses.
CFI courses are designed by instructors with over 21 years of financial analyst training experience.
CFI has demonstrated that is the best Online courses in the world. As expected this course was amazing, I highly recommend this course and any other on this platform.
The course was very exciting. I enjoyed every bit of it. I have not only gained an understanding of how real estate development project works, but I have also learned about how to model and value real estate development projects. Above all, I have learned how to build really dynamic models that are sensitive to time periods which has already helped me in a model I'm currently building.
This course is centered around building a model for a real estate development, but really should be taken by anyone, regardless of their interest in the real estate sector. The course introduces new concepts such as project finance, joint ventures and financial waterfalls, which help to broaden your scope and gives additional practice in complex model-building. Highly recommended!
I completed the program and I think that it is the best way to understand real estate financial modeling easily. All concepts and applications are supported by examples in Excel. Thank you very much for clear and beneficial explanations.