- 41 Videos
- 4 Downloads
- 4.0 hrs
Build a dynamic Real Estate Financial Model to evaluate the investment return profile of a development project in Excel.
This financial modeling real estate excel course is designed for development professionals, lending / banking analysts, surveyors, and anyone interested in mastering the art of building a real estate development models from scratch.
In this real estate modeling course you will learn step-by-step how to build a dynamic a financial model that incorporates sensitivity analysis of development costs, sales prices, and other aspects of development.
Who should take this course:
This real estate development financial modeling in Excel course is designed for anyone who is seeking to develop intermediate to advanced financial modeling skills and become an expert financial modeling for real estate development.
- Excel Crash Course
- Building a Financial Model in Excel
- Real estate industry Overview
- Calculate Cap Rate and Net Operating Income (NOI)
- Build an interactive financial model to assess a project’s financial viability
- Understand how to project real estate financing (both debt and equity) flow in and out depending on stage of development
- Design and structure of an Excel-based project finance model
- Modeling cash flows for a real estate development project
- Build in “triggers” and sensitivities to understand a project’s exposure to key drivers
- Build in ownership and financial structures (debt & equity)
- Calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Return on Sales, Return on Cost
- Joint Venture (JV structures)
- Cash flow waterfalls (3 tier cash flow waterfall)
- Promotes and disproportionate returns
- Produce a one-page investment summary memo
- Includes blank and completed financial models to download
- Certificate of completion
Cap Rate and NOI
Real Estate Financial Model
JV and Cash Flow Waterfall
Register now for CFI's Real Estate Modeling Course!
Since 2005 Tim has been an active participant in capital markets across a wide range of industries and transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and capital raising totaling more than $3 billion in aggregate value.
Tim has a broad range of experience that includes:
- Investment banking
- Wealth management
- Corporate development
- Investor relations
- Financial planning & analysis (FP&A)
In 2014 Tim founded Mathers Pacific Capital to bridge the gap between theory and practice by offering financial modeling and valuation courses to undergraduate and MBA students. Mathers Pacific also offers transaction advisory services to mid-market private companies and has advised on several M&A transactions, management buyouts, and capital raises.
Tim has an M.B.A. from the Sauder School of Business and a B.A. from Dartmouth College.