Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Real Estate Financial Modeling (REFM) Course Overview
Build a dynamic Real Estate Financial Model to evaluate the investment return profile of a development project in Excel. This Excel-based real estate financial modeling course is designed for development professionals, lending/banking analysts, surveyors, and anyone interested in mastering the art of building a real estate development models from scratch.
In this real estate modeling course, you will learn step-by-step how to build a dynamic a financial model that incorporates sensitivity analysis of development costs, sales prices, and other aspects of development.
Who should take this REFM course:
This real estate development financial modeling in Excel course is designed for anyone who is seeking to develop intermediate to advanced financial modeling skills and become an expert financial modeling for real estate development.
Cap Rate and NOI
Real Estate Financial Modeling Content and Learning Objectives:
- Real estate industry Overview
- Calculate Cap Rate and Net Operating Income (NOI)
- Build an interactive financial model to assess a project’s financial viability
- Understand how to project real estate financing (both debt and equity) flow in and out depending on stage of development
- Design and structure of an Excel-based project finance model
- Modeling cash flows for a real estate development project
- Build in “triggers” and sensitivities to understand a project’s exposure to key drivers
- Develop ownership and financial structures (debt & equity)
- Calculate Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Return on Sales, Return on Cost
- Joint Venture (JV structures)
- Cash flow waterfalls (3 tier cash flow waterfall)
- Promotes and disproportionate returns
- Produce a one-page investment summary memo
- Includes blank and completed financial models to download
- Certificate of completion
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
Real Estate Financial Model
JV and Cash Flow Waterfall
Register now for CFI's Real Estate Financial Modeling Course!
What You'll Learn
Path to Certification
8 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 10 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA®️ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
What Our Students Say
The Real Estate Financial Modeling course is presented by technical experts in a way that is easy to follow and understand. The course clearly lays out critical inputs and assumptions needed to create a solid model.
CFI has demonstrated that is the best Online courses in the world. As expected this course was amazing, I highly recommend this course and any other on this platform.
Just as with the other courses, this course has given me an excellent insight into the operations and output of the real estate industry. The value I have obtained the FMVA program is unmatched.
Frequently Asked Questions
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification
Become a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® by completing all required courses in accounting, finance, modeling, Excel, presentations, and strategy. From beginner to advanced courses you will have the complete training you need to become a world-class financial analyst.