Power BI Fundamentals Course Overview
In this Power BI Fundamentals online course, we will explore the powerful dashboarding tool, and you’ll learn how to tell meaningful stories with data. We will work with large and complex data-sets and teach you how to manipulate, organize and dashboard that data. We will start with the core-functionality and slowly build upon it as we create together a 3-page dashboard. This course is great for students who want to understand the extensive capability of Power BI, and how it can be used by a finance or business intelligence professional.
Power BI is a growing tool for Financial Analysts, and its powerful dashboarding functions can help you automate your work and create impressive visuals for you to create meaningful stories with complex data. These dashboards will help you have a measurable impact of strategic decisions of the company.
Power BI Interactive Dashboard
This is the final dashboard you will be creating in the course. Feel free to explore the interactive version below.
Power BI Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand data normalization
- Automate transformation of complex CSV files using Power Query
- Create interactive dashboard visuals that impress and convey a clear message.
- Slice your analysis by any time period
- Learn essential DAX formulas such as calculate, filter and all.
- Create time data tables
- Join geo-spatial and category attributes
- Learn how to use DAX time-intelligence to easily compare periods
- Explore features to aid user navigation
- Understand how to share your dashboards with others.
Power BI is a Required Course of CFI’s BIDA™ Program
CFI’s upcoming Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ program will cover all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about business intelligence, and data analysis. This program will teach you quantitative methods used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to analyze complex data. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the BIDA™ program are Business Intelligence, Asset Management, Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, and other finance careers.
Students can sign up for updates and reserve a spot in the Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ Program on the student dashboard.
Who Should Take This BIDA™ Course?
This Power BI course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their understanding about Business Intelligence. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with the fundamental knowledge of Power BI.
- 17 BIDA Courses + all future courses in the program
- Skills Learned Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Transformation, Data Modeling and Analysis
- Career Prep Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Visualization Specialist
Great, clear and complete introductory course, perfect to begin getting acquainted with Power BI and beginning hands-on this powerful tool.
It was a complete introductory course, helpful to maximize learning with step by step clean organization.