You are expected to have either completed the stated prerequisite course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enroling in this course:
Mining financial modeling course overview
Master the art of building a financial model to value a mining company, complete with assumptions, financials, valuation, sensitivity analysis, and output charts. In this mining financial modeling course, we will work through a case study of a real mining valuation for an asset by pulling information from the Feasibility Study, inputting it into Excel, building a forecast, and valuing the asset.
Mining financial modeling & valuation course objectives
By the end of this mining valuation course you will be able to:
- Understand key mining terms and definitions used in the industry and in valuation
- Understand the mining life cycle from start to finish for assets, projects, and operating mines
- Read and extract the important information from a mining technical report (feasibility study)
- Input key assumptions into a financial model that will drive revenue, expenses, and cash flow in the forecast
- Calculate production statistics based on a detailed mine plan from the technical report
- Build financial statements based on the mine plan
- Perform a discounted cash flow DCF valuation of the mining asset in Excel
- Build sensitivity analysis to test for different input assumptions
- Output relevant graphs and charts to illustrate the investment opportunity
- Understand valuation methods such as Net Asset Value (NAV), P/NAV, P/CF, Total Acquisition Cost (TAC)
Who should take this mining valuation course?
Master mining valuation and learn how to value a mining company in Excel. This course is designed for professionals seeking careers in investment banking, equity research, corporate development and financial planning an analysis (FP&A).
This course simulates the experience of working as a corporate development professional at a mining company evaluating an acquisition opportunity. The objective is to take all the information from the technical study, put it into Excel, and determine the net asset value (NAV) of the mine. The completed model will serve as a useful tool for testing different metal prices and other assumptions such as grade, recovery rate, unit operating costs, capital expenditures, and more.
This is an advanced mining valuation course and assumes a solid understanding of the following courses:
- Excel Crash Course
- Building a Financial Model in in Excel
- Business Valuation
What You'll Learn
Path to Certification
6 courses from beginning to intermediate level.01Optional
9 courses from beginning to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 8 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA®️ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
What Our Students Say
This is a course that will bring me into my first job
Excellent mining example with full modeling and explanations of the calculations. Awesome work!. Great definitions and dynamic model!
I was doing research for a long time for my doctorate thesis. I have reviewed many video lessons and contents on the internet. There are not many sources and narrations about Mine Valuation, and those are clearly inferior. This course is truly a blessing for mining engineers who are concentrated in the field of finance. You should start absolutely without thinking.
More Valuable than most Financial Modeling, Valuation courses in Mining, Petroleum, Oil and Gas industries online. Skillful for professionals
Frequently Asked Questions
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification
Become a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® by completing all required courses in accounting, finance, modeling, Excel, presentations, and strategy. From beginner to advanced courses you will have the complete training you need to become a world-class financial analyst.