Construction Loan-in-Process Course Overview
This Construction Loan-in-Process course focuses on construction lending, primarily from a bank's point of view. It is the third and final course in the three-part series, and should be taken after Construction Finance Fundamentals and Structuring a Construction Loan. In this course, we discuss the payment cycle, how holdback or retainage clauses are applied, and various legal tools related to construction payments.
Later on in the course, we will discuss the loan monitor's role, change order and contingencies, what to do when the project begins to fail, and briefly describe title insurance.
Construction Loan-in-Process Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the construction payment cycle and process
- Explain how holdbacks or retainage are applied and why
- Grasp legal tools related to construction payments such as liens, statutory declarations, and prompt payment legislation
- Appreciate the loan monitor’s role in payment processing and loan disbursements
- Address strategies and processes for non-performing loans
- Understand title insurance and why it’s important
Construction Loan-in-Process is an Elective Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Certified Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)® Program offers skills including credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. For beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This Construction Loan-in-Process course was created for any current and aspiring professionals working in commercial banking roles, with a focus on the real estate development industry. It is also useful for anyone looking to explore the intricacies of construction lending. Taught from the perspective of the lender, this course provides a solid foundation of the lending process for construction development loans, and would also provide key takeaways for mortgage brokers and related industry advisors.
- All 33 CBCA™ courses
- Skills Learned Credit Analysis and Documentation, Risk Mitigation, Writing
- Career Prep Rating Agencies, Insurance, Commercial Lending
courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
15 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
10 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional