- 60 Videos
- 14 Quizzes
- 2 Surveys
- 13 Downloads
- 4.0 hrs
This step-by-step financial modeling course has been taught to thousands of finance professionals at top financial institutions around the world by Scott Powell. In this course you will learn to build a financial model from scratch by working in Excel and following along with the video. Upon successfully completing the course and all quizzes you will obtain your Financial Modeling Certificate from the Corporate Finance Institute and be on your way to break into wall street.
Part 1 - A structured approach to financial modeling:
- Apply a structured approach to financial modeling in Excel
- Outline the hallmarks of good financial models
- Explain the importance of planning, and prep your model structure
- Building from operating revenues down to operating profit
Part 2 - Forecasting the income statement and balance sheet:
- Forecast property, plant and equipment and other operating assets
- Forecast the various components of working capital:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
Part 3 - Debt and financing schedules:
- Forecast debt financing and related interest costs
- Forecast equity financing and dividends
- Use an iterative analytic approach to managing circular references
Part 4 - Building a free cash flow statement:
- Understand the importance of error checking
- Derive a forecast cash flow statement based on a forecast income statement and balance sheet
- Derive a free cash flow statement that can be used for equity valuation
The course provides essential prep for wall street careers in investment banking, FP&A, corporate development, and other areas of corporate finance. Earn our certification and set yourself apart.
Scott has over 15 years experience designing and delivering Wall Street training programs for bulge bracket investment banks.
As Managing Director, MDA Training North America, he works with clients to design and deliver customized learning solutions. His areas of focus are:
- Commercial banking
- Investment banking
- Capital markets
- Asset management
Scott's clients include Allied Irish Bank, ATB Financial, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Brandes Investment Partners, Credit Suisse, Coast Capital Savings, Deutsche Bank, Glenview Capital, HSBC, ING, Intact Insurance, JP Morgan, Royal Bank of Scotland, TD and many others.
Prior to joining MDA Training, Scott worked at Ernst & Young and is both a Canadian and UK Chartered Accountant with an honours degree in politics/economics from Trent University, Canada and a master’s degree in international relations/economics from Cambridge University.
Scott sits on the advisory board of the student-run National Investment Banking Competition and Conference which in 2014 attracted over 150 competing teams from universities across North America.