- 78 Videos
- 10 Quizzes
- 2 Surveys
- 1 Text
- 15 Downloads
- 1 Exam
- 4.0 hrs
You are expected to have either completed the stated prerequisite course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enroling in this course:
Financial modeling course description
This step-by-step financial modeling course has been taught to thousands of finance professionals at top financial institutions around the world by Scott Powell. In this course, you will learn to build a financial model from scratch by working in Excel and following along with the video. Upon successfully completing the course and all quizzes you will obtain your Financial Modeling Certificate from the Corporate Finance Institute and be on your way to breaking into wall street.
A structured approach to financial modelingIn this section of the course, we cover the importance of designing a well-structured model and incorporating financial modeling best practices. Specifically, you will learn to:
- Apply a structured approach to financial modeling in Excel
- Outline the hallmarks of good financial models
- Explain the importance of planning, and prep your model structure
- Building from operating revenues down to operating profit
Forecasting the income statement and balance sheet
In this section of the financial modeling course, you will learn to start building the model in Excel by completing the following steps:
- Forecast property, plant and equipment and other operating assets
- Forecast the various components of working capital:
- Accounts receivable
- Accounts payable
Debt and financing schedulesIn this section, the tutorials focus on how to build the debt and financing sections including interest calculations and the capital structure of the business. Specific learning objectives include:
- Forecast debt financing and related interest costs
- Forecast equity financing and dividends
- Use an iterative analytic approach to managing circular references
Building a free cash flow statementOnce all of the above steps are complete we can move to link the cash flow statement and complete the three statement model. This section of the course will teach you to:
- Understand the importance of error checking
- Derive a forecast cash flow statement based on a forecast income statement and balance sheet
- Derive a free cash flow statement that can be used for equity valuation
This course has a pre-populated DCF model build it, as the focus of the course is on linking a three statement model. CFI's Business Valuation Course focuses on DCF Modeling in Excel in detail.
Who should take this financial modeling course?
The course provides essential prep for wall street careers in investment banking, FP&A, corporate development, and other areas of corporate finance. Earn our certification and set yourself apart.
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
Financial modeling & financial analyst training
From beginner to advanced, this Excel modeling course is designed to teach you how to be a complete financial analyst.
This class is one of the 9 required "Core" courses for CFI's financial analyst training program, which grants the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) accreditation.
This course assumes you have taken or have the knowledge of the following Courses: