Power Pivot Fundamentals Course Overview
This course provides step-by-step instructions for how to set-up a business intelligence dashboard in Excel using the Power Pivot add-on. You’ll learn the key functions and best practices for setting-up a dashboard. As you progress through the course, you’ll apply everything you’ve learned to a hands-on example using data we provide. By the end, you’ll walk away with everything you need to create your own dashboards in Excel—so you can analyze and present data, track KPIs, and create powerful time-period comparisons.
Power Pivot Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Create a Power Pivot table by drawing data from several different tables
- Develop simple calculated metrics with consistent formatting
- Assemble multiple pivot tables, charts, and dimensions into a dashboard that provide us with different angles of analysis
- Apply DAX formula language to create measures and columns
- Manipulate context to calculate more advanced metrics
- Utilize DAX Advanced Time Intelligence to create period comparisons and KPIs
Who Should Take This Course?
This Power Pivot course is perfect for professionals who have a solid understanding of excel and want to expand Excel's business intelligence capabilities. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in business analysis—or other roles that requires displaying and analyzing data sets—with a fundamental knowledge of this core tool.
As of 2020, Power Pivot functionality is not available for the Mac version of Excel. Because of this students must use Windows to complete this training.
Power Pivot Fundamentals is a Required Course of CFI’s BIDA™ Program
This Power Pivot course is part of CFI's upcoming Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ Program. This program will cover all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about business intelligence, and data analysis. This program will teach you quantitative methods used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to analyze complex data. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the BIDA™ program are Business Intelligence, Asset Management, Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, and other finance careers.
Students can sign up for updates and reserve a spot in the Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ Program on the student dashboard.
- 11 BIDA Courses + all future courses in the program
- Skills Learned Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Transformation, Data Modeling and Analysis
- Career Prep Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Visualization Specialist