Introduction to Foreign Exchange Course Overview
This introductory course on foreign exchange (FX), focusing on spot foreign exchange, covers the fundamental knowledge you need to know about the FX markets. You will learn about currency conventions, the trade mechanics of FX, how to quote bid/offer rates and calculate cross rates, and various strategies and risks associated with trading FX. At the end of this course, you will be given supplemental exercises and questions to apply what you have learned in the course.
Introduction to Foreign Exchange Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
• Learn how to identify foreign exchange currency codes and currency pair ordering.
• Identify and understand the difference between direct and indirect quotes
• Calculate foreign exchange cross rates
• Understand the foreign exchange settlement process
• Understand the various risks associated with the foreign exchange market
• Employ various market strategies to enhance market returns and reduce market risks.
Introduction to Foreign Exchange Is a Core Course of CFI’s CMSA® Program
CFI’s Capital Markets & Securities Analyst (CMSA)® program covers all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about sales and trading, investment banking, and asset management. This program teaches you trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to trade different asset classes. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the CMSA® are Sales & Trading, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Treasury, Risk Management, and other capital markets careers.
Who Should Take This CMSA® Course?
This Introduction to Foreign Exchange course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their understanding of capital markets, with a focus on the foreign exchange markets. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in fixed income, equity, sales and trading, or other areas of finance with the fundamental knowledge of foreign exchange.
- All 25 CMSA® courses
- Skills Learned Trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets
- Career Prep Work in capital markets, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side
5 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
6 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
13 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Required
Submit your CMSA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
Excellent content and excellent delivery.
Thank you for such an enlightening course. A structured approach that made it easier to understand.