Introduction to Capital Markets Course Overview
This Introduction to Capital Markets course offers a comprehensive overview of the industry, and key career opportunities. You will learn about the Sell-Side, Buy-Side, and the most popular and sought-after career paths in each of those respective groups. You will gain practical and deliberate knowledge, as this course takes you through typical day-in-the-life scenarios, allowing you to gain an understanding of the core competencies and personality traits that would drive success. Lastly, the course empowers you with the information you need to ensure that your career research is focused and that you use your most limited resource – time – wisely.
After completing this course, you will have a better understanding of how the capital markets industry is structured, how each constituent contributes to maintaining smooth, functioning financial markets, and a keen idea of what field you may be best suited to pursue opportunities in.
- Defining Capital Markets
- Origination and Primary Markets
- Sales & Trading and Secondary Markets
- Non-Traditional (i.e. Hedge Funds)
Introduction to Capital Markets Learning Objectives
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define Primary and Secondary Markets, including the stakeholders involved in each, and how they interact with each other.
- Describe the Sell-Side and Buy-Side of Finance, the activities conducted on each side, and the Capital Markets careers available on each side.
- Describe how Sell-Side and Buy-Side institutions not only work together, but need each other to maintain smooth, functioning financial markets.
- Understand what a typical day-in-the-life for career paths discussed, as well as the core skillsets that successful professionals would have.
- Determine what Capital Markets career path may be best suited for your passion, skillet, and personality.
Introduction to Capital Markets Is a Prep Course of CFI’s CMSA® Program
CFI’s Capital Markets & Securities Analyst (CMSA)® program covers all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about sales and trading, investment banking, and asset management. This program teaches you trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to trade different asset classes. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the CMSA® are Sales & Trading, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Treasury, Risk Management, and other capital markets careers.
Who Should Take This CMSA® Course?
This Introduction to Capital Markets course is perfect for anyone and everyone interested in pursuing a career in Finance. Whether you are about to undergo your first job search as a new graduate of an academic institution, or you are ready to transition career paths after gaining professional work experience in a related or unrelated field, this course will help you get a comprehensive lay of the land so that you have a roadmap for your career pursuits.
- All 27 CMSA® courses
- Skills Learned Trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets
- Career Prep Work in capital markets, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side
5 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
15 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Required
Submit your CMSA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
Course materials were really good and our truth engagement were required to pass the assignment.
The course was extremely enlightening & insightful.
I have learnt the basics of capital markets and its functionings.
Mukthi Rupini M S
It was so informative and highly educative.