Lending to Medical Professionals Course Overview
Extending credit to medical professionals and their practices presents many unique risks and opportunities for a financial institution. This course on Lending to Medical Professionals examines these in specific detail, including what makes medical borrowers so different from more traditional commercial banking clients.
We cover all the most important qualitative and quantitative factors that will influence a borrowing request, including important adjustments to key financial ratios. We will use multiple Excel exercises, including a case study, to help illustrate the key takeaways and to practice working on real-world example borrowers.
Lending to Medical Professionals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Compare healthcare systems, types of practices, and the nature of care being delivered.
- Explain the difference between business organizations and legal organizations, and how different corporate structures may affect risk.
- Identify the most common borrowing requests for medical professionals and explain how they should be structured.
- Analyze financial results and make reasonable adjustments where appropriate.
- Interpret a borrower’s personal financial situation to inform corporate credit recommendations.
- Calculate adjusted ratios to assess a medical borrower.
Lending to Medical Professionals is an Elective Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ Program offers skills including credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. From beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class commercial banker or credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This Lending to Medical Professionals course is designed for current and aspiring commercial banking professionals, including relationship managers or loan officers, credit analysts, loan brokers, and adjudicators. This course will prepare you with the knowledge you need to properly assess a variety of borrowing requests for these unique business borrowers.
- All 35 CBCA™ courses
- Skills Learned Credit Analysis and Documentation, Risk Mitigation, Writing
- Career Prep Rating Agencies, Insurance, Commercial Lending
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
16 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
10 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA™ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional