Fundamentals of Credit Course Overview
Credit plays an important role in the lives of many individuals; it’s also a key source of funding for businesses making capital expenditures (CAPEX). In this course we discuss important lending topics like the difference between traditional loans and trade credit, different types of interest, different types of loans, where collateral security fits in, and how to build an amortization schedule for reducing term debt. We cover an overview of the 5 Cs of Credit framework and how it may influence different loan characteristics, before diving into some qualitative assessment tools and a list of the key financial ratios that an analyst would look at when evaluating a company’s creditworthiness. We also take a step back to look at the credit landscape in order to help learners understand what kinds of career opportunities exist for aspiring credit professionals.
Fundamentals of Credit Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Define what credit is and how it’s created.
- Identify some of the different career opportunities available to credit professionals.
- Compare different types of interest payments and loan characteristics to help inform an appropriate credit structure.
- Explain what capital expenditure (or, CAPEX) is and how debt financing can support it.
- Explain the 5 Cs of Credit framework and how it informs risk assessments.
- Identify the important qualitative and quantitative techniques, including key financial ratios used in the risk assessment process.
Fundamentals of Credit Is a Prep Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ Program offers skills including credit structuring, documentation, and review procedures. From beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class commercial banker or credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This Fundamentals of Credit course is perfect for any aspiring or early-stage credit professionals, including business and commercial bankers, credit analysts, real estate lenders, equipment finance, loan & mortgage brokers, and other private (non-bank) lenders.
- Skills Learned Financial Analysis, Credit Structuring, Risk Management
- Career Prep Commercial Banking, Credit Analyst, Private Lending
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
16 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
11 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA™ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ courses are offered 100% online, allowing you the flexibility to start the Commercial Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)™ program anytime and learn when it’s most convenient for you.
The program is a part of the All Access Subscription, which includes all programs and courses.
CFI courses are designed by instructors with over 21 years of financial analyst training experience.
Good course to prove your knowledge and brushup your skills
I just concluded fundamentals of credit by Corporate Financial Institute, the course deliver was wonderful, and the insights gained are remarkable.
its a very good course. thanks