- 26 Videos
- 2 Quizzes
- 2 Downloads
- 4.0 hrs
Master the art of building a rolling 12-month cash flow forecast model in our Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) course. In this course you will learn to build a cash flow model from scratch complete with assumptions, financials, supporting schedules and charts.
We will look at how forecast revenues, operating expenses and changes in balance sheet items to arrive at monthly cash flow. From there we will assess the financial impact on the business, decide if capital needs to be raised, evaluate credit metrics, and create elegant charts to inform management.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Apply a structured approach to monthly cash flow modelling in Excel
- Build up the assumptions and formulas required to forecast the business
- Understand how to forecast the financial statements based on the business plan
- Calculate the monthly cash flow
- Analyze the impact of the forecast on the company’s balance sheet and capitalization
- Output relevant graphs to illustrate the cash flow profile to management
This course is critical for anyone working in Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), accounting, or finance departments.
Since 2005 Tim has been an active participant in capital markets across a wide range of industries and transactions including mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and capital raising totaling more than $3 billion in aggregate value.
Tim has a broad range of experience that includes:
- Investment banking
- Wealth management
- Corporate development
- Investor relations
- Financial planning & analysis (FP&A)
In 2014 Tim founded Mathers Pacific Capital to bridge the gap between theory and practice by offering financial modeling and valuation courses to undergraduate and MBA students. Mathers Pacific also offers transaction advisory services to mid-market private companies and has advised on several M&A transactions, management buyouts, and capital raises.
Tim has an M.B.A. from the Sauder School of Business and a B.A. from Dartmouth College.