Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
e-Commerce / Startup Financial Model Course Overview
Master the art of building a financial model and valuing an e-Commerce Startup. In this course, you will learn to build a startup financial model from scratch complete with assumptions, financials, valuation, and output charts. We will look at how much money this business has to raise based on its business plan and model out each year of cash flow.
Startup financial model course objectives
By the end of this startup financial model course you'll be able to:
- Understand key startup / e-commerce terms and definitions that are used in the industry
- Understand the e-commerce industry, business models, players, etc
- Input key assumptions into a startup financial model in the assumptions section
- Calculate an order buildup and customer base schedule which will be used to forecast revenue
- Build the three financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement) based on the business plan
- Perform a discounted cash flow DCF valuation of the startup / eCommerce business
- Output relevant graphs to illustrate the cash flow, key metrics, and overall investment opportunity
The e-commerce financial model templates included in this course if yours for download and can be used for your own business.
Who should take this course?
This e-commerce / startup financial model course is designed anyone working in the Technology Media and Telecommunication (TMT) group in investment banking, Venture Capital, or planning to start their own business. Participants will learn to build a model from scratch, using industry-leading best practices and using one key set of assumptions to drive all valuation outputs.
By the end of the program, you will be able to take the skills you've learned and modify the Excel template to fit your own business. Every business is unique, which is why it's important to acquire the skills necessary to desing yoru own model for your own business.
The course and an advanced class and assumes you have already taken:
- Excel Crash Course
- Building a Financial Model in Excel
- Business Valuation
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 11 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
It's a great opportunity learning from CFI team, am proud to audit my work. i did the exam 3x, don't like it. I always work for 1 attempt but in the end, i got 100%, after a thorough review and rigorous thinking of my work.
Ganiyu Opeyemi Orelope
This is a course that teaches you how to do the job. It is the most practical finance course I have seen. Thank you CFI.
It was amazing to dig deeply in how to financially build financial model for such type of common business nowadays.
Muhamed Yusif El Kady