Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
e-Commerce / Startup Financial Model Course Overview
Master the art of building a financial model and valuing an e-Commerce Startup. In this course, you will learn to build a startup financial model from scratch complete with assumptions, financials, valuation, and output charts. We will look at how much money this business has to raise based on its business plan and model out each year of cash flow.
Startup financial model course objectives
By the end of this startup financial model course you'll be able to:
- Understand key startup / e-commerce terms and definitions that are used in the industry
- Understand the e-commerce industry, business models, players, etc
- Input key assumptions into a startup financial model in the assumptions section
- Calculate an order buildup and customer base schedule which will be used to forecast revenue
- Build the three financial statements (income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement) based on the business plan
- Perform a discounted cash flow DCF valuation of the startup / eCommerce business
- Output relevant graphs to illustrate the cash flow, key metrics, and overall investment opportunity
The e-commerce financial model templates included in this course if yours for download and can be used for your own business.
Who should take this course?
This e-commerce / startup financial model course is designed anyone working in the Technology Media and Telecommunication (TMT) group in investment banking, Venture Capital, or planning to start their own business. Participants will learn to build a model from scratch, using industry-leading best practices and using one key set of assumptions to drive all valuation outputs.
By the end of the program, you will be able to take the skills you've learned and modify the Excel template to fit your own business. Every business is unique, which is why it's important to acquire the skills necessary to desing yoru own model for your own business.
The course and an advanced class and assumes you have already taken:
- Excel Crash Course
- Building a Financial Model in Excel
- Business Valuation
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
- Skills Learned Financial Modeling and Valuation, Sensitivity Analysis, Strategy
- Career Prep Investment Banking and Equity Research, FP&A, Corporate Development
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 11 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification courses are offered 100% online, allowing you the flexibility to start the financial analyst program anytime and learn when it’s most convenient for you.
The program is a part of the All Access Subscription, which includes all programs and courses.
CFI courses are designed by instructors with over 21 years of financial analyst training experience.
So comprehensive! Good understanding of e-business financial operations. Thanks, CFI.
Teka Derick Tikum
This course takes you all the way through how to build a financial model from the bottom-up. I highly recommend it for anyone with a startup or who wants to learn financial modeling!
This course is really practical and could not ask more than this course offers. Nalaka
These dudes know what they're doing!