Data Science Fundamentals Course Overview
Data science allows us to make data-driven insights. In this Data Science Fundamentals course, we will give you an overview of why data science and how it is used in the business and finance world. We will go through the data science cycle of how to build machine learning models to make predictions.
First, we will discuss exploratory data analysis, feature selection, feature engineering, and other common methods to understand and prepare the data for analysis. Then we will explore a few different algorithms used for both unsupervised and supervised machine learning models. We will also discuss how to use validation/resampling techniques to train and test the data. Finally, we will explore evaluation techniques to assess the model’s performance and improve the model based on the evaluation results. We will demonstrate the data science cycle using a real-life scenario.
Data Science Fundamentals Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Outline the data science cycle and machine learning process
- Explain the commonly used feature selection and feature engineering methods
- List the algorithms mostly used in supervised and unsupervised learning
- Read the key metrics used to evaluate a machine learning model
- Explain the techniques used to improve an underfitting or overfitting model
Data Science Fundamentals is a Prep Course of CFI’s BIDA™ Program
CFI's upcoming Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ program will cover all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about business intelligence and data analysis. This program will teach you the quantitative methods used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to analyze complex data.
Common career paths for students who take the BIDA™ program are Business Intelligence, Asset Management, Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, and other finance careers.
Students can sign up for updates and reserve a spot in the Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ Program on the student dashboard.
Who Should Take This Course?
This Data Science Fundamentals course is perfect for anyone who would like to build up their understanding of data analysis and machine learning. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of business and finance.
- 17 BIDA Courses + all future courses in the program
- Skills Learned Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Transformation, Data Modeling and Analysis
- Career Prep Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Visualization Specialist
You will learn brief insights into Data science basics
very good online learning course
Mengyi (Miranda) Zhan
Thank you so much for this introduction course, it has helped me learn so much in a very simple manner.
its a great learning first step for beginners