Financial Statements in Power BI Case Study Overview
Welcome to the most comprehensive Financial Statements in Power BI walkthrough ever. In this case study, you’ll practice your BI skills by taking on the role of a Business Intelligence Developer. You will be helping a retail company automate and visualize its most important financial statements.
Creating Financial Statements in Power BI poses three significant challenges which we will help you solve, using a combination of BI tools.
- Challenge 1: How to replicate financial statement layouts and formatting
- Challenge 2: How to create account subtotals and other DAX summaries
- Challenge 3: How to create the more complex cash flow statement
With plenty of extended student challenges and interactive exercises, this course is the perfect scenario-based case study to reinforce your fundamental knowledge of Power BI.
Interactive Financial Statements in Power BI
Power BI offers a great way to visualize and interact with high-level financial data.
Financial Statements in Power BI Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand how to define and propose an achievable project scope.
- Write an SQL query to source General Ledger Data from a database
- Build a data model using a snowflake schema in Power BI
- Build an Income Statement and Balance Sheet in Power BI
- Create financial statements in Excel using Cube Formulas
- Compare the benefits of Power BI vs Excel for Financial Analysis
Who Should Take This BIDA™ Course?
This Case Study is perfect for anyone who would like to apply their Power BI and DAX skills in a real-world scenario. There is no better way to kick-start a career in data analysis, quantitative analysis, business intelligence, or other areas of finance with applied, practical knowledge of Power BI and related BI tools.
Financial Statements in Power BI is a Required Case Study of CFI’s BIDA™ Program
CFI’s Business Intelligence & Data Analyst (BIDA)™ program covers all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about business intelligence and data analysis. This program teaches the quantitative methods used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to analyze complex data. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the BIDA™ program are Business Intelligence, Asset Management, Data Analyst, Quantitative Analyst, and other finance careers.
- Skills Learned Data Visualization, Data Warehousing and Transformation, Data Modeling and Analysis
- Career Prep Business Intelligence Analyst, Data Scientist, Data Visualization Specialist
Wow, I was truly challenged by this module. As an accounting professional I found a lot value in being able to combine and practice SQL, Power Query and Power BI. Learning about Cube Formulas was an excellent cherry on top.
excellent work, furthermore if we can add pop ap to the dashboard.
Salem Qasem Ahmed Al-Tashi
Hand on and straightforward to learn course