Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Corporate & Business Strategy Course Overview
Strategy matters to all operating companies, as it is a major determinant of the success of their business. This Corporate & Business Strategy course will cover the most important terminologies, theories, concepts, and frameworks on strategy. The course is designed to guide you through a comprehensive strategic analysis process, and demonstrate the application of theories into real-world business situations.
Strategy Class Learning Objectives
By completing this strategy course, you'll be able to:
- Understand how the strategic analysis process helps decision makers perform in-depth analyses and identify optimal strategic alternatives
- Differentiate between the three levels of strategy (corporate, business, and functional)
- Perform external analysis by looking at the supply chain, mapping out strategic groups, building competitive forces model and analyzing PEST factors
- Perform internal analysis by understanding a company's core competencies, competitive advantage, value chain activities and ways to sustain competitive advantages
- Assess a company's current corporate-level, business-level and functional-level strategies
- Learn how to generate, evaluate and select optimal strategic alternatives through methods such as SWOT analysis, DCF analysis and multi-criteria analysis
- Tie strategic alternatives to a company's mission, vision and goals
- Apply all theories taught in the lectures into a case study and generate the appropriate strategies using the provided information
Why Take This Corporate & Business Strategy Course
CFI's Corporate & Business Strategy course is beyond just academic definitions, theories and concepts — you will take raw data and information provided in the case study, perform analyses as guided through the video lectures, and build strategic alternatives based on the result of your analyses. At the end of the day, you will be able to create a detailed strategy document, describing the entire strategic analysis process from external analysis to the recommendation of strategic alternatives, which can then be presented to the management board of the company.
As a professional financial analyst, the ability to demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills is a valuable asset to possess, which allows you to stand out from the competition.
Who Should Take this Business Strategy Course
This strategy course is designed specifically for financial analysts. While it's open to students from any background (consulting, sales, HR, etc), it's tailored to demonstrate how strategic analysis can be tied to a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) model and other types of financial modeling.
Professionals who will get the most value from this class include investment banking, equity research, corporate development, equity research, and private equity.
Enroll now to learn how to perform comprehensive strategic analysis of a business from scratch!
What You'll Learn
Path to Certification
8 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 10 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA®️ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
What Our Students Say
Great course! Thank you a lot for the time and all the efforts whilst putting together materials and linking them to practical cases. I would highly recommend this course to everyone looking to learn or refresh his/her knowledge on the strategy.
This course ties together the financial modeling from other courses with the thinking behind the assumptions, and will be useful to anyone, analyst or not. It also expands in detail on all the strategic theories (PEST, SWOT, etc) which were touched on by previous courses. It is a bit theory heavy in the first part, but has a wonderful, well-structured case study in the end. Definitely recommended!
I loved how engaged I was through the course, and absorbed as much information as I could.
This course gives concise explanation about Corporate & Business Strategy and how to tying it with financial analysis, combine the quantitative and qualitative aspects so executives can make well informed and well considered decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification
Become a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® by completing all required courses in accounting, finance, modeling, Excel, presentations, and strategy. From beginner to advanced courses you will have the complete training you need to become a world-class financial analyst.