Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
- Introduction to Corporate Finance
- Building a 3 Statement Financial Model
Business Valuation Modeling
Corporate & Business Strategy Course Overview
Strategy matters to all operating companies, as it is a major determinant of the success of their business. This Corporate & Business Strategy course will cover the most important terminologies, theories, concepts, and frameworks on strategy. The course is designed to guide you through a comprehensive strategic analysis process, and demonstrate the application of theories into real-world business situations.
Strategy Class Learning Objectives
By completing this strategy course, you'll be able to:
- Understand how the strategic analysis process helps decision makers perform in-depth analyses and identify optimal strategic alternatives
- Differentiate between the three levels of strategy (corporate, business, and functional)
- Perform external analysis by looking at the supply chain, mapping out strategic groups, building competitive forces model and analyzing PEST factors
- Perform internal analysis by understanding a company's core competencies, competitive advantage, value chain activities and ways to sustain competitive advantages
- Assess a company's current corporate-level, business-level and functional-level strategies
- Learn how to generate, evaluate and select optimal strategic alternatives through methods such as SWOT analysis, DCF analysis and multi-criteria analysis
- Tie strategic alternatives to a company's mission, vision and goals
- Apply all theories taught in the lectures into a case study and generate the appropriate strategies using the provided information
Why Take This Corporate & Business Strategy Course
CFI's Corporate & Business Strategy course is beyond just academic definitions, theories and concepts — you will take raw data and information provided in the case study, perform analyses as guided through the video lectures, and build strategic alternatives based on the result of your analyses. At the end of the day, you will be able to create a detailed strategy document, describing the entire strategic analysis process from external analysis to the recommendation of strategic alternatives, which can then be presented to the management board of the company.
As a professional financial analyst, the ability to demonstrate both quantitative and qualitative analytical skills is a valuable asset to possess, which allows you to stand out from the competition.
Who Should Take this Business Strategy Course
This strategy course is designed specifically for financial analysts. While it's open to students from any background (consulting, sales, HR, etc), it's tailored to demonstrate how strategic analysis can be tied to a Discounted Cash Flow (DCF) model and other types of financial modeling.
Professionals who will get the most value from this class include investment banking, equity research, corporate development, equity research, and private equity.
Enroll now to learn how to perform comprehensive strategic analysis of a business from scratch!
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 11 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
This course is amazing and informative. It was very practical and engaging. I did get value for my money. Good job from the CFI Team.
Charles Oghenerukevwe Boyitie
The course provides a clear understanding of the concepts of corporate and business strategies. The case study creates a starting point in performing future strategic analysis exercises.
Abdellatif A. E. Ibrahim
Thank You, CFI as this my final course of FMVA. In today's times of stiff competition in the job market, CFI courses offer superb quality training in Finance. I found CFI through Google Search by chance but got to know of its quality only after I started taking the free courses.