Commercial Mortgages Course Overview
This Commercial Mortgages course explores the elements that determine loan details for income-producing investment properties. Commercial mortgages are used to fund real estate investment ventures and are important for any credit analyst who wishes to understand issues relevant to real estate financing or would like to specialize in the real estate sector.
In this course, we examine key metrics of the real estate lending process and dive into the key underwriting parameters for commercial mortgages. We also work through a realistic client example to understand the inner workings of a commercial mortgage deal. In this case study, we examine a rent roll analysis, risk rating, and the pricing of the loan.
Commercial Mortgages Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Examine key property valuation metrics like net operating income (NOI) and capitalization rates; and understand how they relate to the credit analysis process
- Review key property parameters and how they inform the underwriting process
- Work through an example property to see the end-to-end underwriting process
- Understand how key variables drive loan amount, risk rating, credit terms, and mortgage pricing
Commercial Mortgages is an Elective Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Certified Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)® Program offers skills including credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. From beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This Commercial Mortgages course is designed for current and aspiring commercial banking professionals working in the real estate industry. This course is also a great resource for real estate analysts and commercial mortgage brokers who wish to better understand the real estate underwriting process. This course provides a valuable perspective into a real estate lender’s considerations when structuring a commercial mortgage deal which is vital for lenders, brokers, and advisors.
- All 33 CBCA™ courses
- Skills Learned Credit Analysis and Documentation, Risk Mitigation, Writing
- Career Prep Rating Agencies, Insurance, Commercial Lending
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
16 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
8 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA™ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional