Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Financial budgeting course description
This financial budgeting course will teach you about the entire budgeting process from start to finish, including how to create a disciplined culture of budgeting in your organization, the various methods for building budgets, techniques to analyze results, and how to increase the chances of organizational performance improvements.
This interactive and applied budgeting course enables participants to:
- Adopt a disciplined approach to developing budgets
- Forecast results with quantitative and qualitative methods
- Effectively use variance analysis to track performance
- Present results with charts and graphs
Who should take this budgeting class?
This online budgeting class is designed for those who are responsible for financial management, budgeting, and forecasting within their organizations. This may include professionals working in financial planning and analysis (FP&A), accounting, treasury, financial reporting, corporate development, etc.
What you will learn in this budgeting 101 course
By the end of this budgeting 101 class, participants are able to:
- Understand the principles behind best practice financial management
- Explain the importance of budgeting within a strategic framework
- Build a robust budgeting process within their organization
- Know when and where to use various budgeting approaches such as zero-based budgeting
- Forecast future performance by better analyzing revenue and cost drivers
- Use effective variance reporting to track organizational performance
- Make use of Excel functions and tools that are particularly suited to the budgeting process.
Financial budgeting class content
Topics covered will include:
- Budgeting within a strategic framework
- Building a robust budgeting process
- Managing budget psychology
- A practical guide to developing budgets
- Common budgeting approaches (e.g. Incremental, value-based, zero-based, etc.)
- Forecasting techniques (moving average, regression analysis, etc.)
- Tracking budget performance with variance analysis (waterfall charts, etc.)
- Applied budgeting tools and techniques (Excel, solver, pivot tables, etc.)
For further CPE information, please read before purchasing:
Publish Date: Sep 06, 2017
Last Revision: Jan 18, 2018
Budgeting 101 class screenshots
What You'll Learn
Path to Certification
8 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 10 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA®️ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
What Our Students Say
The course is a great tool to understand the practical know-how of Budgeting & Forecasting. It’s handy to apply technical tools in Excel that works for different scenarios. Little by little, a spreadsheet becomes more comfortable to use. There is no virtual theory of that process in companies and why it is done, just because there is no time to explain it. So, very welcome with the contents shown in this CFI’s course.
I liked the approach to look at budgeting from the point of view of actually supporting the long term strategy of a business instead of just being a useless pain, justifying the pre-determined limits to the operations.
High skills had gotten on that session of budgeting.
When you thought you already knew how to forecast - think again; you'll improve way more after this course, from the presentation to the various things you can put into consideration. It also feels like I'm taking this course in a classroom, or a live setup. The instructor made me feel like he was really trying to talk/teach me all throughout.
Frequently Asked Questions
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification
Become a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® by completing all required courses in accounting, finance, modeling, Excel, presentations, and strategy. From beginner to advanced courses you will have the complete training you need to become a world-class financial analyst.