Behavioral Finance Course Overview
Behavioral finance is the study of the influence of psychology on the behavior of financial practitioners. In the course, you will learn about the wide range of decision making biases and information processing errors that influence our financial decision making.
We’ll start the course with what behavioral finance is and how it impacts on financial markets. We will then explore the most common self-deception biases, cognitive biases, and emotional biases. We will discuss their causes and potential measures you can take to manage them. We’ll finish the course by discussing loss aversion and the herding bias.
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Understand what behavioral finance is, how it differs from modern finance, and how it impacts on financial markets
- Describe the most common self-deception biases, their causes, and potential measures you can take to prevent them
- Understand cognitive biases and explore their root causes with real life examples
- List the most common emotional biases and discuss their causes with examples
- Understand loss aversion and other biases that contribute to its effect
- Study the herding bias and other social factors that distort decision-making
Behavioral Finance Is an Elective Course of CFI’s CMSA® Program
CFI’s Capital Markets & Securities Analyst (CMSA)® program covers all the basic, intermediate, and advanced topics about sales and trading, investment banking, and asset management. This program teaches you trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets industry. It is ideal for students who want to learn how to trade different asset classes. The program is completely online so you can take it at your own pace, from anywhere in the world.
Common career paths for students who take the CMSA® are Sales & Trading, Asset Management, Wealth Management, Treasury, Risk Management, and other capital markets careers.
Who Should Take This CMSA® Course?
This Behavioral Finance course is perfect for anyone who wants to be well rounded in their analysis. This course is designed to equip anyone who desires to begin a career in fixed income, equity, sales and trading, or other areas of finance.
- All 25 CMSA® courses
- Skills Learned Trading strategies used in the finance and capital markets
- Career Prep Work in capital markets, whether on the buy-side or the sell-side
5 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
6 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
13 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Required
Submit your CMSA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
This is the first time I've learned about behavioral finance. The course made it very interesting! It was very well taught and explained. Loved it!
Good financial psychology that guides you in decision- making in the finance industry and societies as a whole. Has really shaped my cognitive behaviors when facing financial decisions. Thanks, CFI.
Teka Derick Tikum
Excellent delivery of the course. The structure was perfectly arranged and the instructor was very elaborate, using practical illustrations and references.
Paul Elias Kandiwo
I am enjoyed learning this course, beautiful!