Advanced Financial Modeling & Valuation Course - Amazon
Welcome to CFI's advanced financial modeling course - a case study on how to value Amazon.com, Inc (AMZN). This course is designed for professionals working in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and other areas of corporate finance that deal with valuing companies and performing advanced methods of valuation.
Advanced Financial Modeling Course Objectives
This advanced financial modeling course has several objectives including:
- Calculate Amazon's Total Addressable Market (TAM) for each business segment, and determine the market share in each
- Use Amazon's actual financial statements (annual report, 10-k, 10-q, etc) to build a historical 3-statement model
- Learn how to structure an advanced valuation model in the most efficient way
- Set up all the assumptions and drivers required to build out the DCF model
- Create a 10-year forecast for Amazon's business, including an income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, supporting schedules, and free cash flow to the firm (FCFF)
- Learn how to deal with advanced topics like segmented revenue, stock-based compensation, capital leases, and more
- Perform advanced comparable company analysis (Comps) using Capital IQ and PitchBook Data
- Perform a Sum-Of-The-Parts (SOTP) valuation of Amazon
- Generate multiple operating scenarios to explore a range of outcomes and values for the business
- Perform sensitivity analysis on key assumptions and assess the overall impact of the transaction
Amazon (AMZN) Case Study
This course is built on a case study of Amazon, where students are tasked with building a financial modeling and performing comparable company analysis to value AMZN shares.
Through the course of the transaction, students will learn:
- How equity research analysts value the company (including looking at an actual report from Morningstar)
- How to find comparable companies in Capital IQ and PitchBook Data, as well as how to export their financial information
- How to handle advanced accounting topics like capital leases (treated as debt) and stock-based compensation (a non-cash expense that's dilutive)
- How to create a dashboard and summary output that highlights the most important information from the model
Why Take CFI's Advanced financial Modeling Course?
This course is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to build a detailed financial model for a public company, from the bottom up. The video-based lessons will teach you all the formulas and functions to calculate things like segmented revenue, marketable securities, accrued expenses, unearned revenue, additional paid-in capital, stock-based compensation, long-term debt, capital and finance leases, and much more.
In addition to learning the detailed mechanics of how to build the financial model for Amazon, students will also learn how to think about intrinsic value, internal rate of return (IRR), and weigh the pros and cons of an investment opportunity.
What’s Included in the Advanced Modeling Course?
This advanced financial modeling and valuation course include all of the following:
- Blank Amazon model template
- Completed Amazon model template (dashboard, DCF model, Comps model, WACC analysis, scenarios, etc)
- 5+ hours of detailed video instruction
- Certificate of completion
Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Financial analyst certification
For beginners to advanced users, this advanced modeling course is designed to teach you how to be a world-class financial analyst.
This class is one of the 9 required "Core" courses for CFI's financial analyst training program, which grants the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification.
This course is intended solely for educational and training purposes. The information contained herein does not constitute investment advice, or an offer to sell, or the solicitation of any offer to buy any securities of Amazon.com, Inc. (NasdaqGS: AMZN) or any other security.
This content in this course has not been approved or disapproved by (a) Amazon.com, Inc., (b) S&P Global Market Intelligence Inc., (c) Pitchbook Data, Inc., (d) Morningstar, Inc., (e) any equity research analyst that covers Amazon.com, Inc., or (f) any securities regulator in any province or territory of Canada, the United States Securities and Exchange Commission or any other United States federal or state regulatory authority, and no such commission or authority has passed upon the merits, accuracy or adequacy of this content, nor is it intended that any will.
The information in this course does not constitute the provision of investment, tax, legal or other professional advice. As with all investments, there are associated risks and you could lose money investing – including, potentially, your entire investment. Prior to making any investment, a prospective investor should consult with its own investment, accounting, legal and tax advisers to evaluate independently the risks, consequences and suitability of that investment.
No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information and opinions contained herein or their accuracy or completeness, and nothing contained herein may be relied upon in making any investment decision.
What You'll Learn
Path to Certification
5 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
9 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 9 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA®️ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
What Our Students Say
The course almost covers everything in for the fundemental analysis; although, I think they should let us perform the forecast ratios together not as a given. In addition to that, I think it should explain more about the wacc analysis. Overall it is more than satisfying for beginners like me to know how to perform fundemental analysis.
This Course is Priceless in regards to implementing all the principles related to Modelling.Excellent!!!
Thank you, that is great. The course materials and presentation is clear.
Frequently Asked Questions
FMVA® Financial Analyst Certification
Become a Financial Modeling and Valuation Analyst (FMVA)® by completing all required courses in accounting, finance, modeling, Excel, presentations, and strategy. From beginner to advanced courses you will have the complete training you need to become a world-class financial analyst.