Recommended Prep Courses
These preparatory courses are optional, but we recommend you to complete the stated prep course(s) or possess the equivalent knowledge prior to enrolling in this course:
Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) Modeling Course
Welcome to CFI's advanced financial modeling course on mergers and acquisitions (M&A). This course is designed for professionals working in investment banking, corporate development, private equity, and other areas of corporate finance that deal with analyzing M&A transactions.
M&A Modeling Course Objectives
This advanced financial modeling course has several objectives including:
- Learn how to structure an M&A model in the most efficient way
- Set up all the assumptions and drivers required to build out the M&A model
- Calculate all the necessary adjusting entries required to create a post-transaction balance sheet
- Integrate the acquirer and the target into a pro forma model
- Calculate the accretion or dilution of key per share metrics post-transaction
- Perform sensitivity analysis on key assumptions and assess the overall impact of the transaction
Reasons to take this advanced financial modeling course
This class is perfect for anyone who wants to learn how to build a financial model for mergers and acquisitions from the bottom up. The video-based lessons will teach you all the formulas and functions to calculate stub periods, outline sources and uses of cash, perform a purchase price allocation and determine goodwill, create multiple scenarios for synergies and other key assumptions, and integrate all of the above into a well laid out pro forma model.
In addition to learning the detailed mechanics of how to build the model, students will also learn how to assess the impact of the transaction through accretion/dilution analysis and impact on the implied share price (intrinsic value per share). By performing sensitivity analysis, users will understand how a change in assumptions impacts future outcomes of the merger or acquisition.
Mergers and acquisitions course case study
This course is built on a case study of Online Company Inc acquiring Brick ‘n’ Mortar Co.
Through the course of the transaction, students will learn about:
- The construction of a detailed Pro Forma model
- Analysis of synergies, revenue enhancements, cost structures
- Integration considerations
- Accretion / dilution analysis
- Deal terms and structuring
- The strategic impact of combining the businesses
- Share price impact
What’s included in the M&A course?
This mergers and acquisitions course includes all of the following:
- Blank M&A model template (Excel)
- Completed M&A model template (Excel)
- 4+ hours of detailed video instruction
- Certificate of completion
Financial analyst certification
For beginners to advanced users, this mergers and acquisitions (M&A) modeling course is designed to teach you how to be a complete financial analyst.
This class is one of the 3 required "Elective" courses for CFI's financial analyst training program, which grants the Financial Modeling & Valuation Analyst (FMVA) certification.
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
11 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
Take 3 out of 11 courses at an advanced level.03Required
Submit your FMVA® checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
I really like this course!
First of all, I thank Tim Vipond for being very clear and simple on this complicated topic. I really got benefitted with this course. The Mergers & Acquisitions course changed my way of financial modeling and it's going to help me a lot for the prediction of share pricing of the companies. Thank You CFI
Highly recommended for anyone who want to have a serious course on M&A modeling
This course provided a great framework for M&A modeling and valuations. In doing so it helps to gain decent understanding of the mechanisms and decision making behind effective merger or acquisition activities. Great course, well and practically presented