5 Cs of Credit Overview
In this 5 Cs of Credit course, we will explore the 5 characteristics that lenders use to assess the overall creditworthiness of potential borrowers: Character, Capacity, Capital, Collateral, and Condition.
We will explain each of the 5 Cs in details including:
- The definition of each characteristic
- The importance of this characteristic in credit application process
- How to access the characteristic using different tools and resources
At the end of each chapter, we will put it all together in a case study. You will read the results of a company's management assessment, financial analysis, business and industry analysis, and identify the strengths and weaknesses of this company's credit.
5 Cs of Credit Learning Objectives
Upon completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explain each characteristic in the 5 Cs of credit framework
- Identify the key credit strengths and weaknesses of a company by examining various sources of information
- Discuss how the 5 Cs of credit are used to assess the borrower
5 Cs of Credit Is a Required Course of CFI's CBCA® Program
CFI's Certified Banking & Credit Analyst (CBCA)® Program offers skills include credit evaluation, documentation, and review procedures. For beginners to advanced users, the CBCA® program is designed to help you become a world-class credit analyst.
Who Should Take This CBCA® Course?
This 5 Cs of Credit course is perfect for any aspiring credit analysts working in insurance, underwriting, rating agencies, commercial lending, corporate credit analysis, and other areas of credit evaluation.
- All 35 CBCA™ courses
- Skills Learned Credit Analysis and Documentation, Risk Mitigation, Writing
- Career Prep Rating Agencies, Insurance, Commercial Lending
7 courses from beginner to intermediate level.01Optional
16 courses from beginner to intermediate level.02Required
10 courses in advanced and intermediate levels.03Optional
Submit your CBCA™ checklist and order your certificate.04Required
Join Our Community
Get access to the Global Corporate Finance Society.05Optional
How the Certification Works
Found this course very interesting and master skills for practical use in assessing credit as a Business Consultant to work with clients.
The course materials were illustrative and the lecturer has delivered the information in such easy smooth way.
This course is very complete and instructive, and it's the same thing for all other CBCA courses. Thanks to CFI for the efforts made for delivering high-quality courses.
Very good content with relevant case studies and wonderful presentation.